Forms & Services


Dossier Service

The Ezra Stiles Dean’s office will keep a “placement file” for you of letters of recommendation that you have solicited from instructors and others during your time at Yale. Instructions to begin a request are here.  Suggestions for what to include when asking a recommender to write a letter are here.  These letters remain available to you while at Yale and also four years after your graduation. When you want these letters to be sent, on your instructions, the office will forward photocopies of your letters to the person or institution that you designate. 

Please note:
Letters for use in connection with applications to medical school must not be sent to the dean’s office, but only to the office of the Health Professions Advisory Board at Undergraduate Career Services, 55 Whitney Avenue, where the appropriate evaluation forms may be obtained. 

Click here ( for more detailed information and guidelines on requesting letters of recommendation.


Transcripts come in multiple forms and fall under one of two general categories: official and unofficial. NB: The Dean’s Office is not able to print or forward any type of academic record (official or unofficial).   Please read below for more about transcripts.

Unofficial Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts are photocopies of your official transcript. 
If you need an unofficial Academic Record, go to the Student Information System (sis); choose the “Academics” tab, click on the link for “Yale Degree Audit”, then click on the Course History link at the top of the page.  From there you can print your academic record.   

Official Transcripts

Official transcripts are only issued by the Office of the Registrar
Current students and alumni with an active Yale NetID order by signing in through Student Information Systems (SIS), clicking on “Academic Information,” then selecting “Order a Transcript.”

Alumni and former students unable to sign in to SIS will order directly through the Parchment website.

Verification of Enrollment

Only the University Registrar’s Office can provide enrollment verifications.